It seems like I keep telling myself to just keep breathing here lately. Things have been so busy I've barely had time to breathe, much less do anything else. But the theme this week is Inward Disciplines, so we've had time on the schedule for Solitude. It's so great to get away for an hour and just sit with God and listen and talk and sort my thoughts out. It's really helped me get a lot of things in order. I wrote in my journal today what some of my dreams are. Right now they're a bit general and vague, but me and God are working on that. So what are my dreams? I want to have a family - a husband and children. I'm so excited about having kids one day. I also want to be in the ministry, and not necessarily in the sense that I'm on a church payroll. And the other one I wrote down is that I want to teach or disciple in some way, shape, or form. That's all I've been able to sort out right now. Whenever I think about my life I feel like I'm looking at a closet with all kinds of stuff crammed in it and I get so overwhelmed when I look at the big picture that I just focus on one thing at a time. I know eventually I'll get it sorted out, but I have to start somewhere, even if it seems small and insignificant.
On another note, I'm listening to the new Copeland CD Kathy gave me a copy of and I love it. I'm supposed to be seeing them near the end of November and I'm so excited. I've wanted to see them live for such a good time. It's gonna be great.
Now I'm gonna try and get some rest. We've kinda had a slow day today, but tomorrow things pick back up and don't really slow down again until Monday. It's gonna be a fun weekend in Dothan, AL though!
1 comment:
I just happen to be watching the list of new blogs that went up. Sounds like you took a look into my life...whew. I ton of things to do but no where to start. Pray & mediation are an excellent place to start. You are on the right track.
Be Blessed Stay Blessed
BTW keep breathin'
Post a Comment